We recently learnt two new terms; "Halal money" and "Haram money"
One means hard earned money and the other means easy money.
You see that guy speeding a BMW on the road, yes P90 (probability 90%) case it is Haram Money. See those youngsters in Gucci, Armani... right again P90 case; Haram money.
I have learnt a new way of stereotyping our black and white world (Alert: sarcasm!)
Have you ever felt jealous of the rich girls while you work hard to get the same comforts?
I have, I do and I think there will be still more days in my life when i will..
There are days when i am struggling and i think, "who doesn't want a simpler life".
And then there are days when i am kicking as* at work and i feel happy that i chose this (i am trying to remember the last time i thought this; my face is contorted in the effort)....
So anyways, what i am trying to say is that while time and again i wish i had the luxury of easy money, i am thankful that i went the "halal" way (hah! as if i had a choice)
Also what i am saying is that it always seems that grass is greener on the other side.
Who knows what sort of difficulties rich people have. The world is definitely not divided in rich people and hard working people, so i should give my stereotyping a rest.
As long as we are all what we want to be, we should consciously repress the jealousy
Sri sri Ambuj ji maharaj says, halal today, haram tomorrow.. who knows
One means hard earned money and the other means easy money.
You see that guy speeding a BMW on the road, yes P90 (probability 90%) case it is Haram Money. See those youngsters in Gucci, Armani... right again P90 case; Haram money.
I have learnt a new way of stereotyping our black and white world (Alert: sarcasm!)
Have you ever felt jealous of the rich girls while you work hard to get the same comforts?
I have, I do and I think there will be still more days in my life when i will..
There are days when i am struggling and i think, "who doesn't want a simpler life".
And then there are days when i am kicking as* at work and i feel happy that i chose this (i am trying to remember the last time i thought this; my face is contorted in the effort)....
So anyways, what i am trying to say is that while time and again i wish i had the luxury of easy money, i am thankful that i went the "halal" way (hah! as if i had a choice)
Also what i am saying is that it always seems that grass is greener on the other side.
Who knows what sort of difficulties rich people have. The world is definitely not divided in rich people and hard working people, so i should give my stereotyping a rest.
As long as we are all what we want to be, we should consciously repress the jealousy
Sri sri Ambuj ji maharaj says, halal today, haram tomorrow.. who knows

I also like the fact that I grew up the "halal" way. What's the point of getting jealous, though? There will always be someone with more, whether they got it the halal way or the haram way :P
ReplyDeleteWe lesser humans experience jealousy very often, O Economist! and when ur jealous you tend to stereotype the luckier person without knowing the truth.. Which is what i want to not do.. :P
Delete:) hmmm. Good realization, O Engineer :P. I have experienced it largely on the receiving end!
DeleteAlso, Ambuj's comment can be applied to other contexts. Eg when you first crush on someone he appears to be halal and later you'll be calling him haraam(i) ;)
ReplyDelete