I dont remember being busier..
I know i have said this before in one post that m stressed out from self inflicted stress... This is different (i am making an excuse for not posting ontime)
This long weekend we (3 couples) are in mahabaleshwar for a weekend road trip.
For a big chunk of drive the girls were in one car and guys in one. So much fun!
I was driving, and after a long time i was able to drive without biting anybody's head off.
I feel reborned. I feel free from shackles of insecurity over my dubious abilities as a driver. I feel victorious over my fears.
I will concede that i did regale the two other car occupants with some outbursts.
I did have those moments of screeching brakes, expletives pouring out, fist in the air.. But the average of (outburst/ distance driven) was much less on the highway.
At a point i wanted to take a break and offered the other veteran in our car. Our car who was telling us inspiring stories about her driving achievments. But she polietly turned it down telling me she gets stressed out when she drives. :-/
We reached the hotel we had booked at night, tried very hard to get upgrades to the room with the corner view and failed. When we got up in the morning we had a hearty laugh for the "fortunate" ones who paid double for the corner view because we are all overlooking an overgrown unmaintained lawn and a hillock. Heehaaha.. Victory!!
(M a sore loser)
Poker was also a highlight yesterday, we played till 3:30 am. The Tiwari dampatti won everything and made the Johris and Agarwals "bandhua mazdoors". But we turned the tide eventually and recovered a lot. The only ones down now are the Agarwals..

No comments:
Post a Comment