I am feeling bad about something, but i cant put my finger on it.
Its probably something to do with people pushing work towards others everytime there is a change in organisation. Or maybe that the "people" in this case are people i do not expect to do this.
It might be that i feel i am not doing all that i should currently. But I also do not want to work 24x7. I am doing all i can.
I could be that i flunked a guy in his presentation today, and i was the only person who flunked him. I was asked "my feedback" which sounded a lot like demanding a reason why i think his project was not upto scratch.
It might just be piling up of all this on me.
I hate saying that this is not my work or that is your work, but if i do not say this now, i will not be able to do it all.
I have this sinking feeling that its going to go on forever. Maybe i should just sleep and forget about today. Maybe i should discuss this with my absent manager's delegate.
Maybe all i need is perspective... i am worried about small things, there are people dealing with cancer.
My 12th class Maths teacher used to shock us every alternate lesson with a question, we couldnt solve. Then after we had given up, he used to show us the solution, which would appear easy, but difficult.. i used to call it magic.
He would look at us, reeling from the awe at his solution, cogs audibly whirring in our brains and he used to smile his feline smile and say, in what he thought was a consolatory tone:
" भगवान आपको उतना ही दुःख देता है, जितना आप सह सकते हो.."
True, so true..
Its probably something to do with people pushing work towards others everytime there is a change in organisation. Or maybe that the "people" in this case are people i do not expect to do this.
It might be that i feel i am not doing all that i should currently. But I also do not want to work 24x7. I am doing all i can.
I could be that i flunked a guy in his presentation today, and i was the only person who flunked him. I was asked "my feedback" which sounded a lot like demanding a reason why i think his project was not upto scratch.
It might just be piling up of all this on me.
I hate saying that this is not my work or that is your work, but if i do not say this now, i will not be able to do it all.
I have this sinking feeling that its going to go on forever. Maybe i should just sleep and forget about today. Maybe i should discuss this with my absent manager's delegate.
Maybe all i need is perspective... i am worried about small things, there are people dealing with cancer.
My 12th class Maths teacher used to shock us every alternate lesson with a question, we couldnt solve. Then after we had given up, he used to show us the solution, which would appear easy, but difficult.. i used to call it magic.
He would look at us, reeling from the awe at his solution, cogs audibly whirring in our brains and he used to smile his feline smile and say, in what he thought was a consolatory tone:
" भगवान आपको उतना ही दुःख देता है, जितना आप सह सकते हो.."
True, so true..
Love the sound of that teacher :P
ReplyDelete