Weekend is here!!
I think weekend is the most anxiously anticipated event of my entire week.
I am certain that if weekend was a man, Ambuj would have gone mad with jealousy. But given that he thinks weekends are good too i am safe :)
I am certain that if weekend was a man, Ambuj would have gone mad with jealousy. But given that he thinks weekends are good too i am safe :)
My motto every weekend is to get up early and spend the entire day doing absolutely nothing. And i mean nothing.
It should start with a lazy laid back breakfast, preferably with friends (i miss you Aditi! every damn weekend i remember IHOP); and then be spent resolutely doing no productive work.
It should start with a lazy laid back breakfast, preferably with friends (i miss you Aditi! every damn weekend i remember IHOP); and then be spent resolutely doing no productive work.
So u can imagine that most of my weekends go by with me disappointed with each wasted weekend.
I get up late, very late most of the days and then we have a very late breakfast (thank God for LPQ). Then more often than not we get some work done, that we cannot get done in weekdays (because we both work, humph!).
Then as it gets dark a feeling akin to dread starts taking me over, the day is being wasted, i haven't read a book, or caught up with an old friend or done some senseless shopping. If it is a Saturday, the dread is overcome by a promise to live Sunday with redoubled vigour.
But Sunday comes and goes pretty much the same way. I get up late again and realize i have missed the cool morning breeze because i was sleeping till late, i haven't baked that batch of cookies i was planning to... etc etc
This weekend however, I will get up early; open the windows of my home and have all teh cool morning breeze, i will have a cuppa on the balcony with Ambuj. And i will bake a batch of cookies, let us say in celebration of rakhi.
Next blog I will put the recipe up if it turns out edible :P
Happppy Weekend!
I get up late, very late most of the days and then we have a very late breakfast (thank God for LPQ). Then more often than not we get some work done, that we cannot get done in weekdays (because we both work, humph!).
Then as it gets dark a feeling akin to dread starts taking me over, the day is being wasted, i haven't read a book, or caught up with an old friend or done some senseless shopping. If it is a Saturday, the dread is overcome by a promise to live Sunday with redoubled vigour.
But Sunday comes and goes pretty much the same way. I get up late again and realize i have missed the cool morning breeze because i was sleeping till late, i haven't baked that batch of cookies i was planning to... etc etc
This weekend however, I will get up early; open the windows of my home and have all teh cool morning breeze, i will have a cuppa on the balcony with Ambuj. And i will bake a batch of cookies, let us say in celebration of rakhi.
Next blog I will put the recipe up if it turns out edible :P
Happppy Weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment