Do you admire fearlessness? What about Courage?
I personally think that fearlessness is different from courage.
Fearlessness is brain's inability to process the consequences. So its really stupid people who are fearless. Like toddlers.
Courage is fully knowing the consequnces but making a stand for what you believe in, despite that.
Let me give examples: driving your bike on a highway (where two wheelers are not allowed) in the fastest lane is fearlessness.
Stopping your car, instead of zipping away, to apologize to the other person whose car you grazed, is courage.
I am fearful and ambuj is courageous. Not complaining!
I think courage sometimes lies in accepting very tough situations whose consequences you experience over a period of time, and not breaking down, but simply doing constructive things. Doing one's best.
ReplyDeleteyes, but it is still not fearlessness. Because that is just a synonym for stupidity. You know how people are brave? they are fearless (hence, slow on the uptake of the risk staring them in face) and then they get lucky and escape the risk. The resulting high, drives them to keep repeating this till they finally get unlucky.
Delete