Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Uuuh..

My imaginary friends are mute. I know who they are, i know what they do, but i do not know what they feel or why. They don't talk to me.

I have been wanting to write a story, for sometime now.
But you cannot write a story if you cannot get under the skin of the character. If you do not experience the same emotions as them when they react to the mundane situations of life.
How else do you connect to your protagonist?

Back in college i was involved in Dramatics. When i used to act, i could never remember my lines verbatim, i could only remember what i am supposed to convey and what i am feeling. I became the character. I could cry and i could be hysterical and i could be confused, i dint need any props for that.

I want to be able to feel that way again when i am writing, to be able to feel the character. But i guess it requires a lot of compassion to be able to write. Because u are creating when you are writing and you are only re-creating when you are acting and someone has already written for you.
It takes more compassion to understand the various complexities of a character you want to put down on paper, not just your 2-D rendition of them.




2 comments:

  1. That's true, great writers felt compassion for their characters, I think. You have the alternative of creating a character very like yourself.

    ReplyDelete